Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's been over a week!

What two year old doesn't push their stroller in the snow on Thanksgiving day????


Yikes! It's been over a week since I last posted. Jack is doing much better and hasn't had a fever since Thanksgiving (I think it broke Wednesday night). Praise the Lord!!! We spent Thanksgiving at home, so it was a quiet day together. Well, as quiet as a day can be when you have a 2 year old who's feeling better! I have something totally selfish to admit - I miss Jack being sick. No, I don't miss the actual illness, but I miss how snuggly he was when he was sick! I miss rocking him to sleep and holding him all day. I miss putting my face near his and hearing him breathe. I miss smelling his hair and watching his eyes close as he drifted off to sleep. My baby. Now that he's feeling better, he wants nothing to do with snuggling or rocking! So I guess I learned to savor the times when he wants to be held...even if it is only when he's not feeling well. :)

Here's a picture of Jack (with daddy) when he was sick.


The only other time that has happened was when Jack was a newborn. Awwwwwwww.....

Jack's vocabulary has grown leaps and bounds. He talks alllllll day long...except when the phone comes out. Once someone is on the phone and wants to talk to him, he gets very quiet. I think he is more interested in playing with the actual phone than talking to whoever is on the other end of it. Typical boy. One of our new favorite sayings from Jack is "oh my gosh." Really, I don't know where he got that one from. :) He also says "I'm sorry," but he has no idea how it's supposed to be used. So he says it at the most random times and it makes us laugh.


I've been rearranging furniture all day and I'm wiped out. I can't seem to figure out where things should go in this house. For some reason it's been a huge issue lately. Nothing seems to "fit" anywhere.

It is getting very cold here. It was 7 degrees Tuesday morning. SEVEN. S-E-V-E-N. And it's only November. We're supposed to get a "good" snow on Saturday. I am a little nervous about that. I think that's when reality will hit and I'll have to come to terms with winter. A real winter. I am getting cold just thinking about it.

No comments: