Thursday, July 17, 2008

All My Byself

My mom will appreciate the title. It's how I used to say "all by myself" as a toddler.

I made spaghetti sauce yesterday...all my byself. I made my own recipe. I browsed a few online and mashed them all together to make my own. And....it was delicious!!! I was so proud of myself. If you're interested, here's the recipe!


Stephanie's Spaghetti Sauce

1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 beef bouillon cube
3/4 c. water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
fresh basil (optional)

Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil (onions first for a few minutes, then garlic) until onions are translucent. Add tomato paste and mix with the veggies for a minute. Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir. Add bouillon cubes, water, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Let sauce simmer for a couple of hours. Mix in fresh basil. Enjoy!

No comments: