Monday, November 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!!!


So, here's my menu plan for the next 2 weeks. I am sticking with not assigning each meal to a day - it seems to work better for us that way. Then I don't feel like I'm not following the "plan" when I switch days. (I know, I'm weird.)


Fried Rice with frozen eggrolls

Buffalo Chicken Dip (Crockpot)

Chicken and Dumplings (Crockpot) - RECIPE BELOW!

French toast (homemade sweet bread) with bacon and eggs

White Cheese Pizza

Black bean burritos

Taco salad (using black beans from burritos)

Chicken Caesar Salad (with homemade french bread and croutons)

Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Crockpot)


Nasty Nachos with lentils

Autumn Sausage Casserole (Crockpot)



I also bought 3 frozen/convenience meals for the next two weeks. Sometimes there are days where I just don't feel like cooking and we figured that eating a frozen meal is cheaper than going to eat out. We're trying really hard to cut down our eating out budget. Really hard!
I also am trying to plan more meals in the crockpot...that way I can start dinner in the morning to avoid the "what's for dinner" rush in the evening.





Chicken & Dumplings

4 chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
2 cans cream of chicken/mushroom soup
2 Tbsp. butter
1 onion, chopped
1 large can refrigerated biscuits

Put chicken, soup, butter and onion in crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
Now, you can do the dumplings a couple different ways. A half hour before serving, you can tear up the biscuit dough into pieces and put them on top of the chicken in the crockpot. Set on high and let them cook for 1/2 hour. This will cook the biscuits thoroughly, but they will still have that "wet" dumpling texture. OR, you can bake the biscuits separately in the oven and then serve the chicken and sauce on top of a couple of split biscuits. This is our favorite way. :)



Don't forget I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menus!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your plan sounds pretty yummy. You're not weird for not assigning a day. I need to do that b/c if I post my menu and then feel like changing dishes, I get an earful from my husband!! I'm going to put buffalo chicken dip and chicken and dumplings on the menu soon. They sound great!

Unknown said...

I love Buffalo Chicken Dip! How do you make yours? Do you use ranch dressing or blue cheese? It is certainly the most popular thing at parties this fall. I work with Swanson chicken and we use their all white meat canned product for the dip. It's all chicken breast meat and there's no wasted time with cooking and shredding your own!