Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Did I miss something?

So, we have a box of Trix sitting in the pantry. I decide to have some this morning. (Uh, because the marshmallows in the Lucky Charms are stale...why else?) I look at the box and notice that something looks different. I look inside. Yes, they look different.







Since when did they make Trix into circles? Didn't they used to be shaped like the fruit they were supposed to artificially taste like? Or am I dreaming? (Truth be told, I wasn't allowed to have cereal like this when I was a kid, so it is entirely possible that I could be thinking of something else altogether. And, that is also the reason why I feel the need to eat this garbage as an adult. I am making up for lost time.) Needless to say, I was a little disappointed and my morning wasn't as wonderful as it could have been.
On to more important news....I had to take Jack back to the pediatrician. AGAIN. The Amoxicillin wasn't doing its job, so they switched him to a new antibiotic. It had better work. The poor boy cried for an hour straight after he woke up from his nap...which is why I made the appointment. It's unlike him to CRY for that long. Scream, maybe. Cry, no. My heart was just breaking for him. But, in true toddler fashion, he stopped crying as soon as he saw the doctor and was all smiles for the rest of the afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if they were ever shaped like fruits or not. (We were NEVER allowed such VILE things in our house either.) I will ask the Hubs though, he will know. They ate that crap all the time - and so does the Toddler. Maybe that is the problem and not the other thing. (Yeah, I know take off my wishing hat and drink some more coffee.) I hope you are all feeling better. And that those fruit things at least tasted good!!
Love to you all!!