Monday, November 5, 2007

Eye Update

With all the craziness of Halloween (OK...that's just a lame excuse) I forgot to post an update on Jack's ophthalmology appointment. Yes, his left eye is turning in more. No, it's not because the vision in his left eye has gotten worse. Get this - the vision in his RIGHT eye has gotten worse. His GOOD eye. It was a +1.50 when he was first examined by this doctor (4 months ago), and now it has degraded to a +2.50. That is quite the jump. The way the doctor explained it was that he is trying to compensate for the poor vision in his right eye by turning his left eye in to focus. Because that's the one he's used to straining with. Poor guy. So...the doctor wants to see him one week after the new lenses come in. If he doesn't see significant improvement after that week, we're going to have to go to patches. He will patch the good eye to strengthen the weak (left) eye. I really don't want to have to do patches, but the doctor made it sound like it was almost a for-sure thing. Unavoidable. It should be interesting (to say the least) to see how Jack tolerates having a patch over his eye. But...I am getting ahead of myself. Nothing is for certain yet. If the patching doesn't work, then it's on to surgery. But I'm not even thinking that far ahead. One day at a time. :)

On another note, I don't think I am going to survive winter. It is getting cold and windy and I don't think I will survive. I want to be a bear and hibernate all winter long. That would be a great diet plan. Don't eat...just sleep. And the cubs sleep too. Best part!

No comments: