Saturday, April 19, 2008

5 - It's the new 7

For about a week now, Jack has been waking up waaaaaay too early. Today it was 5:00 am. Earlier in the week he's woken up at 2 am and 3 am, but thankfully went back to sleep - only to wake up again before 6 am. I am so tired. He is so tired. He's grouchy all day long and we're all miserable. This started when we took the front rail off of his crib to transition it to a bed. Now that he can get out of bed, I guess there's more exciting things to do than sleep. Today we'll be taking ALL toys out of his room (there's only a few in there right now anyway) and I think I'll put a radio alarm clock up there and tell him he can't get out of bed until the music comes on. I doubt this will work, but it's worth a shot. I seriously don't know how much more I can take.

2 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Hi Stephanie, I feel your pain! Once our little one knew he could get out of bed and open the door, he did! He wasn't really being naughty about it, it's just that All Doors Must Be Gone Through.

Good luck. You've got some good ideas, hope they work for you.

We got him a clock and said that he couldn't come out until "Time" which recently has been 6:30. So we taught him that when the two hands are pointing down, he can come out of his room.

Problem is that both hands are pointing down at 5:30 as well! It's not good for everyone in the family to be tired and grumpy, is it?

Hope it works out for you. I realise that summer is on the way and it will be getting light earlier.

Kate.

Nauntie Lush said...

OH NO!!! This is not fun. I know. I hope that your plan works out. He will get back in a routine soon too hopefully.

And if it gets too bad, you can always try the evil thing of putting him in bed with you at 5 am to go back to sleep. But hope that he doesn't like it too much, because if he does you too will have a 64 year old sleeping in bed with you every night!!